Light n Easy week 3
I'm thinking a better name might have been Light n Lazy... the controlled food parcels are working really well for me right now, but I feel really slack not making food, and although my boy and I rarely eat at the same time during the week, he's not coping with the cooking for himself every night. I am giving it one last week – next weeks order will be my last *sigh*. That being said, I'm making it a 7-dayer instead of the 5 day plan. I'm also planning to keep a set of the day 1/2/3 lunch bags (they come in little packages) and try and be organised at the beginning of the week. Calorie King can count my calories for me. The esky won't arrive on the door step :-( but I will have more options. I will seriously miss the dinners though!
Now the big question - have I lost weight... well, 1200 grams over 2 weeks, so the answer is yes, but it hasn't been as dramatic as I might have liked. My body has responded to the extra exercise, which I am enjoying, but I have a fair way to go before I am back down to 66, let alone 63. A weekend of birthday delights (lots of food and alcohol) didn't help!
On another subject, I am older - 27 (birthday on Sunday), and it was weird not being fussed over. I didn't even get a present until the girls at work gave me some Crabtree & Evelyn products. Apparently everything is 'in the mail'... I can't wait to have a family of my own so that birthdays are special again. The boy took me to brekky 'cause I asked him to, and I had a beer with a mate, but it's not quite the same as being immersed in that frenzy I was used to as a kid. I guess that I'm supposed to get used to it, but I'm not there yet! (or am I just being a brat?)
I treated myself in the end, bought some clothes, had a hair cut and a brow wax and felt a lot better!
Went to the gym this morning, was running late and only managed to fit in 35mins worth, but it's better than nothing. The gym is a bit of an effort right now as I have to carry bulkier clothes (boots, coats, layers etc) due to the cold weather. The hair dryers in the gym are all reaching their expiry date and so there is always a queue to use them.
On a positive note, I think the communal change rooms are having a positive effect on my body image. I'm by no means perfect, but it seems most people aren't. Even the skinny chicks have their odd or wobbly bits, I don't feel self conscious about changing anymore. (Which is really great since it's impossible to bring clothes into the shower cubicles and actually keep them dry!).
I have chores to do tonight, so leaving this here.
Labels: Birthdays, body image, gym, Light n Easy, shopping

1 Comments:
Hehe...you sound like Dan! Hey, he does Lean Cuisines now for dinner when I don't cook for the both of us. It seems to work.
Even if you didn't get the the weight results you wanted, your motivation is back and you're getting slinkier. You can feel it. You know how fickle the scale can be but you must be feeling a lot better than before you started. See how the last week does for you.
Oh no!! I should have given you your present before. I thought of dropping by and giving it to Craig secretly on Saturday night but ran out of time. HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway again and we'll see you soon with ANOTHER belated present. Birthdays suck when you get older because you have to make all the fuss yourself LOL. I would have if we weren't out of town!
Great to hear about the gym experience also. It's always the way isn't it. Our minds can really be full of shit sometimes LOL. This is something really good to realise and I find doing yoga helped me realise this kind of thing too. Nobody is perfect. Not even the ones that pay for it to be perfect. Imperfection is beauty.
x
Post a Comment
<< Home