Sunday, October 22, 2006

Quick update + race day pics

I've made it through a tough week and I'm feeling positive about the one to come. I thought jumping back on the ww program would be a breeze, I was wrong. It did, however, highlight how much crap I have been eating, both the quality and quantity of my food intake over the winter has been appalling. My exercise hasn't been too bad throughout – which is probably the only reason I didn't pile on too much extra.

No point dwelling on the damage now - what's done is done. I'm trying to get on with things, and make myself feel better inside and out. My partner is being really supportive and although he says he still doesn't really understand why I have to take such an 'all or none' approach, he's willing to help where he can. I think he would also benefit from a bit of healthy eating and some exercise now and again, but he's got to make the decision for himself. In the meantime, I'm going to try and introduce a few more weight watchers recipes into our weeknight dinners.

I've decided I will go back to the ww meeting and give it another couple of weeks... some of you have suggested the Dymocks Building meets, I may give one a go if the current meet doesn't spice it up a bit! I only have 2.5kgs to get back to my LTM weight at avoid paying, so a couple of weeks shouldn't kill me.

That out of the way... on to some fun stuff. I went to the races yesterday. It was my first time and a big day on the Spring Carnival timetable. Unfortunately, the weather was crap. It was cold, windy, and wet. Not much fun for the thousands of girls that frocked up (myself included). We were there to celebrate a 40th with a girl from work. I didn't get too many photos due to the terrible light and cramped space in the undercover area, but here's one of me. A few more are posted for view here.

2 Comments:

At Sunday, October 22, 2006 4:35:00 pm, Blogger Mary said...

Good going Cath and it's great that you're feeling positive for the next week to follow. So glad your partner is getting on board to help you too :-) I have no doubt that you will kick that 2.5kg in no time! Great pics also and you look so pretty. I love the red and hair piece. Hopefully catch you this week!!

 
At Monday, October 23, 2006 12:08:00 pm, Blogger Margaret said...

WOW you look fantastic. Red really suits you and you look so happy. Keep that face :)

And I have been to the Dymocks Building meets. Not officially but that is where I go to pick up my 'stuff' (I feel like a druggie now LOL). The ladies seem really nice there..

And now it is a new week. And it is great that you feel so motivated. Hope that means you are ready to be a crack aim on Sunday. See you there :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home