Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A loss - woot!

1.4kg. Pretty happy about that, particularly considering I had a fairly big weekend. I feel like my tummy is 'shrinking' a little bit, and skirts are fitting better. Still, the scales are the real measure and I have still got a bit to go. I'd like to achieve losses over 5 consecutive weeks. It's going to take some effort.

The meeting tonight was lame. I got a bit bored. Maybe it's the delivery, but more than likely it's the fact that I've been living ww for 4 years now. What they say doesn't change, the material looks different, but it's a case of hearing it over and over again gets a bit long in the tooth. I really shouldn't have expected too much from the meetings in the first place. Still, weighing in once a week on the scales that aren't my own, having someone detached recording my weight certainly makes me think twice about the choc bars I crave (daily cravings...).

My exercise has just been the walking, and although this is enough to supplement my tracking, I am hanging for my gym membership to start so that I can try something new. The gym will be next to my work and I'm hoping to join a few classes and really get my fitness up. Having a bit of muscle tone will certainly aid my weightloss efforts.

I've been thinking a little bit about my goal weight too. I'm wondering if this time round I should aim for a smaller number. My healthy weight range is 56 - 70kg (167cm) and although I've never fallen out of that range since reaching goal, I wonder if the 66kg I chose as a goal weight is still a bit on the heavier size. I certainly feel more attractive and agile when I'm under 65kg. I'm going to aim for 63 and see how I go.

Not really much else to report - things are fairly mundane in my world at the moment. My partner and I are saving for a house or unit to buy late next year. It's a hard slug when everyone advises that you should aim for 20% deposit. It's such a lot of money! We don't go out or play as much as we used to, all for a good cause I suppose, but sometimes I just want to forget it all and pretend I have no care in the world.

Have just finished a dinner of Fetta and prosciutto panlettes (think omelets made in egg rings) and a glass of red. I'm fighting the urge to have another glass. Think I'll go an clean the kitchen instead.

Ciao.

Cath

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 25, 2006 6:30:00 am, Blogger Suzy said...

Congrats on the great loss Cath. You are doing SO well.

 
At Wednesday, October 25, 2006 6:53:00 pm, Blogger Mary said...

Far out Cath, well done! That's an awesome loss. I can't wait for your gym to open too so I can hear all about it, should be fun and beneficial. I totally understand what you're saying about your goal weight. I think it is perfectly normal to see how you feel at different weights within your "Healthy Weight Range" and I am aiming for a lower number too, just to see how I feel. I hope you have another great week babe and catch you soon :-)

x

 
At Thursday, October 26, 2006 10:58:00 am, Blogger Margaret said...

Yaaay. Well done Cath. It's good that those faceless weighers can have some impact on the choc cravings. I have to admit that that is one of the reasons I think I am doing OK at the moment. Having to walk into the chemist and have someone do the scales is so different to standing on them in the bathroom.

Keep it going and even though the meeting info might be a bit lame - you know you have us to un-lame it for you :D

Have a great week. See you Sunday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home