Day 1
I've acheived a couple of my goals today. I did exercise (twice!) and I hvae come close to my points - 21.5 instead of 20. I guess I should give myself a break and count the exercise points to justify the 1.5 extra hat I ate, but I never used to count them, so I figure it's not going to do me any good now.
I tried something new these last two days - I did a jog at the beginning of my walks. I can only plod slowly along and my legs really feel it now but I'm wondering if the change in my activity will help burn fat faster (??).
I was able to jog a further distance today than yesterday so the aim is to go further again tomorrow. It definately increases my heart rate more than a walk does. I have even noticed that my arms are a little sorer too. Probably due to the fact that I am holding them up when I jog, rather than to my side when I walk.
I have been drinking the water, and eating the vegies, but still struggle with the whole fruit thing. I will buy an apple and banana tomorrow morning for snacks instead of taking the muslie bar thingys I have in the cupboard (which, incidently, used to be 1.5pt on the old program, but are now 2.5 - a rude shock since I bought 12 of them yesterday and am now not sure I should have them at all!).
So day 1 down, not an entire failure but I can tell you I am damn hungry still. I'm going to go to bed early rather than think about it any more. My stomach is throwing hunger pains at me as I type this. I'll have some more water, juut in case I'm dehydrated (not likely since I've drunken over 3 litres today!).
I know that the first day back on track is always the hardest, and with that, I'm going to bed!

7 Comments:
Well done for all the exercise - I know how you are feeling and what you are going through and it isn't easy. I honestly believe that trying to maintain is harder than losing the weight in the first place - it is so easy to get caught up in the 'well I got there and have done it' train of thought. Hang in there and you'll have these pesky few kilos off in no time especially with the plan you have got happening.
Take care and have a great week !
Me
Jogging definitely works - it gives the system a real kick start! I finally got off my plateau last week when I started adding running to the exercise program, and intend to keep it up! Once you get past the bit where you feel like you're going to die, it's awesome!!
Have a great week :)
Well done for sticking to your points. It is so hard when you have been used to having a little more and you suddenly cut back to 20. You are doing a great job to be so determined. Good luck with it all.
Yaaay for you Cath. I have started buying fruit in the morning before I get to work so that there is one apple, one banana, and one something (usually manderin or some dates) staring at me, begging me to eat them. Work up to it and you will get there.
Hope you didn't have to get up and pee too often in the night with all that water consumed LOL. Well, i suppose it will all count as extra exercise ;)
Way to go on the jogging too..
Well done Cath! Great to see you getting back on track and you are sounding so much more positive :-) LOL another jogger! You guys are going to make me jog soon. From what I understand (read/researched), you burn more calories power walking but hey...either way you are going to burn and be fitter!
Mmm..with the hunger, make sure you eat something every 3 hours and don't have your snacks all at once. Spread them out during the day. This will help!
Catch you soon matey and I'll wait for that email :-)
I have the same problem with fruit an dI am trying to mak emy self eat it. It does stave off some of the hunger> I also hate running but found on the WWA cgallnege that interval running/walking really helps. Run for 30 secs then walk for 60 secs. Over time you can run a bit longer.
Have fun at weigh in tomorrow. Good luck with the scales (but don't worry about them too much) and have fun with Mary. I may have to join for real just so I can meet up on a Saturday morning LOL.
And have a great weekend :)
Post a Comment
<< Home