Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Getting on top things...

I have a mental to-do list about a metre long. It ranges from tax to client artwork to cleaning to buying shoes to getting focused with my eating. Knowing how long the list is, and being the queen of procrastination, I'm not likely to make it any smaller this week.

I've just dropped CB at the airport. He slept through his alarm (5-00) and missed the cab (5:45) again and luckily he has a backup of me to get him there in time for his flight 7am. Not without the grumps though, I am feeling particularly crabby this morning. TTOM has been shaking me up more than usual lately, I feel like something is out of whack, but I'm not sure what. I went for a bit of browse in GNC to see if they had any magic potions, but it was suprisingly uninteresting. I will have to do a little more research and analyse my diet to see what nutrients/vitamins/minerals I am actually missing out on before I start replacing them.

The weekend was one of indulgence. I ate yummy food, drank yummy drinks and then ate more food... I was a very bad little ww! On the upside though, my mums 50th was a fun night, a real backyard bbq with an open fire and ash in all the food :-) I took lots of photos and saw lots of people I hadn't seen since I left the mountains 5 years ago.

One of the unusual things was gong to see my opa, who is suffering from altheimers. He only sometimes remembers us kids and it was obvious this time, that he was having a good day. He was happy to see me, addressed me by name, made fun of me and then when mum and I were about to leave he said that I had 'been put through the stretcher and turned out a lady' - opa remembered me fat!!! Very weird since I've spent a enough time with him over the last 3 years.

Mum and Dad are off to Kakadoo. They arrived in Darwin at midnight last night. My mum, the amateur photographer is armed with her Digital camera and laptop and is bound to get some great photos. I hope they have a great time.

Righto, time to get ready to go. Happy Tuesday folks.

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 20, 2005 8:22:00 am, Blogger Suzy said...

Sounds like a fun weekend though. Happy 50th to your Mum!

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2005 5:36:00 pm, Blogger jak said...

Happy 50th to mum! Sounds like you had a fun weekend, that's for sure. How fun for your parents getting to go to Kakadu, I have always wanted to go.

My pop had Alzheimers too before he passed away. Being much younger than I am now it was really hard to deal with him not remembering me, but some of the things he used to say and think are just hysterical now. One time he told my nan she had to leave because his girlfriend would be home any minute! hehehe

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:14:00 pm, Blogger michelle said...

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend and your mum will treasure the memories you helped create. I just love that you "went through the stretcher."

 
At Thursday, September 22, 2005 12:50:00 pm, Blogger Mary said...

So how's that list going chooky? You know that mantra...just DO IT ANYWAY then it gets it out of the way :-)
About feeling out of sorts, have you ever thought of going to a Nutritionist? I know they have one at Samadhi where I go to yoga and thought of going myself. Might be worth checking out.

The party sounds like a good one and how cool that your Opa was having a good day. That would have be great!

I hope you are having a great Thursday!!

 
At Saturday, September 24, 2005 9:23:00 pm, Blogger CaramelKitKat said...

Good luck with that list - they're neverending, that's the problem.

The fact that you shared a good time with your opa, now that's something to be thankful for!

I'm going to Kakadu in March so pls let me know if your parents mention any must-see places.

Hope you have a productive Sunday!

 
At Monday, September 26, 2005 2:44:00 pm, Blogger Me said...

Hope things are going well with you ! Take care and have a great week !
Me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home