Thursday, October 20, 2005

Getting organised Part 2

Dinner went well! I think the whole meal came in at about 7 .5 points:

Honey Mustard Pork (3 .5 Points / serve):
4 small pieces of pork • 2tbs honey • 1/2 tbs wholegrain mustard • 1/2 tsp finely grated orange zest • 1 tbs dry white wine (I used white vinigar instead as I didn't want to open a bottle of white - too tempting!)

Method:
Mix together the honey, mustard, orange zest and wine. Place the pork in a shallow dish and pour the sauce over. Let it marinate for 2 hours. Then coat a pan with cooking spray and cook until the pork is brown and tender.

I served this with Lite alfredo pasta (1.5), beans, carrots and home made garlic bread (2.5).

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight for tea we are having toasty pies. I am blogging now because I'm starving - CB is due home any minute and he's making the dinner. I've already eaten a corn cob, so just have to hold tight till the boy is home.

I planned a walk today but so far the skys have not stopped dripping. I may try tomorrow morning.

We have a fantastic weekend planned. The boy and I are going to the Prom! Well, a fancy dress party with a "Vintage Prom - 1920s - 1980s" them. I have my outfit sorted. It's revolting! A baby pink pleated knee-length number with spaghetti straps - vintage 1970s! I also bought some pink shoes to match. (Mary -white is way out of your comfort zone - Pink is waaaay out of mine!!!) Since the boy is wearing a baby blue safari suit, I'm sure we will look the part!

I'll try and post some pics of the night - if i'm not too drunk - it's a Vodka party too.

Righto, the boy is home (Finally) and I'm starving. Night all.

2 Comments:

At Friday, October 21, 2005 12:37:00 pm, Blogger Margaret said...

I know you told me about the outfit but seeing it written here like this has just got me salivating for photos. You will have a blast. Can you imagine what all the other people will be wearing. You may have to get drunk just to cope with the evening.

Your meals sound so delicious. That's it. I am doing my recipe blog this weekend so that I can link to all these recipes I have to try - before I forget where they all are.

 
At Saturday, October 22, 2005 6:31:00 pm, Blogger Mary said...

I have to try cooking meat sometime. I am a vergetarian cook who eats meat..ha! Can't wait to see photos of the outfits. Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home