Interesting Response (Re: Something on my mind)
Hi Folks,
I've just been reading over all the comments you left on my last post - thanks for the feedback! I also read over my original post and realised I should have been more articulate, but everyone seemed to interpret it correctly.
I was particularly surprised to find that a few of you were allowed to put your Goal as simply the top of your weight range and re-evaluate it when you got there. I think that is fantastic idea and I'm glad that there are leaders who have experienced the journey and are happy to offer this kind of advice.
Another thing I forgot to raise is that the reason I thought it was important to decide your goal was so that you could go through the 6 week maintenance program and actually get some support along the way, as opposed to 'postponing' it and not getting the opportunity to go to weekly weigh-in meetings during the 'learning to maintain' process. I feel like I 'faked' maintenance because I was still trying to loose (and did) but then was like a fish out of water when I had to learn to maintain.
Anyway, I think I'll close this chapter of my blog and get back into the fun stuff, but thanks for all your interesting views - it was great to get so many responses.
Oh, and Mary, thanks for sending your people my way!

1 Comments:
I was like you when I got to goal - I didn't really do the maintenance thing properly and I think that is why I landed up putting on nearly double what I had originally lost. Right now I am a little too scared to try to do the maintenance thing as I don't want to go up and have to pay while I am trying to find out what works for me. HAving said that, I don't think I can lose more than another 1-2 kgs as Al is already saying that he thinks I have lost enough. Not that I feel that I have to do what he says but I am really quite happy with the way I am looking and the fact that I can fit into size 10 and size 12 jeans !!!
Will have to seriously think about what I am going to do over the next few weeks and then just take it from there. I suppose I can lose another kg (which will have me at my original goal weight) and then just ask them for the 6 weeks maintenance programme and see how I go - will have to have a think about it.
Take care and have a great week !
Me
Post a Comment
<< Home