Sunday, September 11, 2005

sad, HAPPY, sad, HAPPY, sad...

I've been a moody thing this week! Most of my moods have resulted in a chocolate binge. I've eaten a LOT of chocolate this week. I've eaten a lot of everything this week and to be honest I'm still not ready to get back to basics yet. Eating has been my comfort zone. Work has been busy and I have missed the boy and have stopped caring about my weight/health in favour of making myself feel temporarily ok with things.

I'm not sure it's going to be better next week either. after 3 nights at home (Wed, Thur, Sat), CB is off interstate again for work. I hope it ends soon. I'm sick of feeling lonely and anxious in the evenings.

On a lighter note, I've had a great weekend. Had a good chat with Mary over breakfast yesterday and then took myself to some of the warehouse shopping outlets around Alexandria. I nearly tried on 2 dresses, but when I discovered the dressing room was communal, I was out of there! I was hoping to find a black dress (ok, LBD - little black dress) for no occasion in particular. After that mission failed I took myself back home and worked until CB called from the airport to pick him up. We then went for a leisurely walk up to Newtown to find some outfits for a party we have coming up (Theme = Vintage Prom). CB found a great light blue Safari Suit! I still don't have an outfit planned, but there is plenty of time yet.

We went and saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night, a delightful mix of colour, music, storytelling, humour and a hint of adult evil thrown in! It was great. Highly recommend it. It doesn't steal glory from the original too much either, which I was impressed with.

Anyway, but big challenge this week is to try and regain my focus and reapply my healthy routines.

Hope you all have great weeks.

Ciao!

5 Comments:

At Sunday, September 11, 2005 1:27:00 pm, Blogger michelle said...

i saw the movie last night too. Very entertaining. good luck with getting back on track next week. My Dh goes away each week too.

 
At Sunday, September 11, 2005 6:03:00 pm, Blogger Mary said...

Come on hon, get Back to Basics with me this week. I have to do it too now. Who'd have thought I'd eat as much as I did of that delicious French Toast (even though I couldn't breath for most of it LOL)!! You'll have to take me shopping sometime in Alexandria. I wouldn't know where to start. You got to post photos of your outfits when they're sorted too :-)

Okay, this week is going to be better. I can just feel it and make sure you call me if you need to go blah. I'll be home from 9am onwards now.

 
At Sunday, September 11, 2005 8:58:00 pm, Blogger Me said...

Hope you manage to get your focus back this week - I know how difficult it is when you are used to having someone special around and then they aren't there. Try to find other things to keep you occupied.
Take care and hope you have a great week !
Me

 
At Monday, September 12, 2005 10:03:00 am, Blogger Suzy said...

Good luck with getting back on track. Don't worry about last week. Today is a new day and you can regain your focus. Have a great week.

 
At Tuesday, September 13, 2005 2:26:00 pm, Blogger jak said...

It's really rough having to have so much time apart because of work. I could say all these things about it but it's nothing you don't already know and aren't already dealing with. I just hope it gets better soon.

I love the theme for the party you're going to, Vintage Prom! That sounds awesome. And LOL at the blue safari suit! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home