Monday, May 16, 2005

Matchsticks

I've had a massive couple of days - working that is. CB and I both do a lot of work at home - sitting back to back in our 'office' tapping away (CB is a 'software engineer' or 'solutions intergration specialist' depending on which version of his business card you are reading!). This weekend saw a lot of hours put in by both of us. I got to bed at 2:30am last night, CB hit the sack at about 5am... we are both a bit red eyed this morning.

I have just finished a 12 hour day and am ready for zzzzz but, as they say, no rest for the wicked, more client work to finish tonight.

Oh - this is not complaining, just my world. I have to tell someone right?

Unsurprisingly, the wacky hours have seen my point management go AWOL. I like to try and have the full 18 to keep my metabolism firing on all cylinders, but I'm pretty sure I'm quite a few under today. I haven't excercised today either, just keeping my eyes open has been a chore.

I've decided to be 'unavailable' tomorrow so I can get on top of my books and maybe even take a walk. I weigh in tomorrow night and I'm fairly confident of a loss of some kind, how much I can't predict! Good news though, I'm back into some clothes I haven't warn for about 12 months and I'm also noticing that my arms are starting to tone up. I always loose weight on top of my body before anything starts to melt on my heavier bottom half. You'd think our bodies would know where we could use a loss - seriously, I start looking a bit weedy on top before my backside catches up!

Just to let you all know too, I think CB is warming to my diet idea. But I had to have a chuckle when he was making breaky and he goes "cath, why are there numbers written on all of our food". Hehe, I'd gone through the cupboard and written point values per serving on some cereals and canned food, I think the boy was quite amused!

Anyway, gotta get stuck into this design report before it's too late. Thanks again to everyone who commented on my last post - I promise I will get to reply eventually, but things are a bit hectic at the moment.

Good luck this week every one!

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 17, 2005 9:45:00 am, Blogger Margaret said...

I do the numbers thing too!! I leave DH's special gluten free food alone as I don't eat it and I don't want to scare him with how many points it all is, but I find it then so easy to get something to eat and know what each thing is worth, rather than have to work it out as I eat it. Great minds.... Good luck with your weigh in. If your clothes are fitting better then I am sure you will have a loss.. Have a brilliant day. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home