Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Deep Fried Mars Bar

Well day one is over. I 'think' I was mildly successfull. I walked to work today! took me about an hour 15 mins, steady pace the whole way. I'm proud of myself for doing it, although I might have to leave my big walks to afterhours as I was still pretty sweaty when I walked in the door at nine, despite having put on a change of clothes, makeup etc.

I went out to dinner tonight. I had a glass of wine, some yummy bread and an entree serving of pumkin ravioli (which I'm sure was actually equivalent of 2 standard ww mains...). The waiter was majorly into up selling - A piece of bread became a bread basket with dips etc but the food was amazing and there was no way I kept to my points (I had saved 10) but I don't think I went too far overboard. I actually think I did extrodinarilly well considering the dessert on the table, with 2 spoons, was deep fried mars bar... Well I had to taste it!!

From previous experience on this program, the biggest thing I have learned is that you shouldn't be too hard on yourself. Food should be enjoyed, especially with good company. I will walk again tomorrow and have a light dinner to make up for it.

Tomorrows Challenge
Getting up at 6 am to go for a walk before I go in to work.

Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 04, 2005 11:07:00 pm, Blogger Cath said...

Deep Fried Mars Bars

A delicious gooey mess - the mars is all melted, and the whole thing has been dipped in batter, deep fried (der) and then covered in icing sugar. (Our chef's variation inlcluded rasberry sauce and a marscapone sweet cream to boot.)

It actually looks like a dagwood dog might if it had been left out for 2 weeks. Tastes a whole lot better. But you know it's pure evil. Best not to think about it too much...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home