Sunday, May 08, 2005

I need to pee...

Lovely I know, but it's pretty much been my slogan this weekend since I decided I needed to drink more water. I read this article that explains all the benefits of drinking water and how it can aid weight loss etc, inspired me to make sure I get enough of the stuff.

Mum was in town for the weekend, we had such a lovely, active 2 days. Yesterday we went to the MCA and checked out a couple of exhibitions. The first of which was a performance artist whom had a remarkable way of expressing herself. The oddest installment was a chair with a bunch of real pubic hair on it. There was another which was merely a bit of video footage of a testicle, so close you couldn't really make out what it was. Very erm, confronting. All her work was supposed to trigger discomfort, those certainly hit the mark!

Mum and I then jumped on a ferry and went to Manly for lunch. We were both very good, having fish and vegies (and a glass of champas...). I really enjoyed the day, but was buggered by the end of it.

I cooked up a yummy risotto with chicken, mushroom and asparagus and then we sat down and watched episodes of The Family Guy. Sooo wrong, soo funny. Love that show! (On that note, also loving Happy Tree Friends...).

We went for a long walk this morning and then made a fantastic breakfast, I LOVE weekend breakfasts!! There was another art exhibition on at Reverse Garbage in Marrickville so we managed to catch that before mum hit the road for the drive home.

The boy and I needed some 'us' time anyway, since he's back in Brissy tomorrow. On the upside, it means I have another whole week to indulge in my weight loss kick-start and keep that motivation up - skinny here I come ;-)

All in all, I'm feeling really positve about everything. And I was inspired by how good mum is looking, she's lost about 6 kgs over the last 10 weeks and is looking fabulous.

Right O, that's my bit.

Hope everyone has another fantastic week!

1 Comments:

At Sunday, May 08, 2005 9:09:00 pm, Blogger Mary said...

You are so good. I am still finding it hard to drink water but I am hoping it just clicks soon enough.

Sounds like you had a great weekend! And you reminded me to catch the Exhibition at Reverse Garbage. Sounds like it's worth seeing.

You are another strange one. Happy Tree Friends!? Haha...weirdo ;-)

All in all, it really feels good doesn't it. Great start to the week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home