Sunday, August 28, 2005

Weekends are bad for my thighs.

After a spectacular week of tracking, i've an an equally spectacular weekend of eating, and a bit of sulking. Proving I'm am still a hormone driven eating machine.

I had a great night on Friday - the food was delicious and I didn't eat too much but I drank like a crazy woman and paid for it saturday morning. Saturday started well - a fabulous (and I'd like to think, nutritious) breakfast with Mary on saturday morning (with my fabourite hangover remedy - a skim banana smoothie) had me pumped for a healthy couple of days - i was going to walk and eat well and all that. But then something in my head just clicked out of place and I felt like I needed to be have a full stomach. So I ate.

Funny thing is, I pigged out on my healthy foods - bread, hommous, etc etc. The worst crime was eating about 8 ww cookies. I don't know why. I made Spaghetti bolognaise on Sat night, which was yummy and we had left overs for lunch today. But I've been sneak-eating crackers and the remaining hommous and turkish bread. Just to feel full.

Now I feel more than full. I feel bloated. My monthlies arrived about 4 hours ago and are already promising me tremendous pain. I'm sulky and feeling uncomfortable.

Plus, CB turned up to dinner on Friday (YAY) to reveal he's awa y for 10 days this week. So i'm home on my own again. (BOO) I dropped him back off at the airport at 5:30. Work should keep me busy enough not to sulk too much, but I really feel lonely when he's away on the weekends. I should try and get over this pathetic-woman routine and be a strong independant girl. I can't seem to find the power in me.

I just spoke to my mum on the phone - she's also in a sad way. Her dad (my opa) got out of hospital today but doesn't remember his house. He's only been in hospital 2 weeks and his altzeimers (pardon the spelling) has taken over so quickly. So she's got a lot of pressure to look after his every need as well as try to work and run her house. I think my mum is great, I hope that she gets some relief soon.

On that note, I'm going to go, I am feeling negative and don't want to bring you all down with me.

4 Comments:

At Monday, August 29, 2005 8:51:00 am, Blogger Mary said...

I think we had a *hearty* breakfast and the main thing was that it was good food. Not pre-packaged or necassarily fatty, just what the doctor ordered :-)

Don't feel too bad about the weekend. Pigging out on healthy foods is much better than what you probably would have managed before right!? We made Spag Bol on Saturday night too and had left overs Sunday. Weird. I don't even think we spoke about dinner.

TTOM round here too. We all seem to be in sync.

While CB is away, just think of everything and everyone you can catch up with. You've been working so hard lately that maybe you deserve a few movies nights or something. And on the weekend, we've got a date! So at least some of the weekend you don't need to be alone :-) Father's Day this Sunday too.

I hope things work out with your mum and opa (??). It sounds real tough but I hope your mum can work something out.

BIG {{{HUGS}}}
xx

 
At Monday, August 29, 2005 11:57:00 am, Blogger Suzy said...

Hope you feel much better today.

 
At Tuesday, August 30, 2005 8:29:00 am, Blogger Me said...

I hope that you are feeling a bit better today and that your Mom manages to work something out with your opa.
Lotsa hugs and take care.
Me

 
At Tuesday, August 30, 2005 9:57:00 pm, Blogger Margaret said...

My Dad is an Opa too. And my Mum is an Oma. I love how that sounds. And makes it easy on the kids to have Oma/Opa & Grandma/Grandpa.

Scary - we are all in sync at the moment. You take care of yourself when CB is out of town. Not too many sad nights.

I am sending some healthy healing vibes out to your Mum & Opa too. xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home