Sunday, August 21, 2005

Having trouble maintaining focus

I have had a crazy fortnight and today feels like the first break I've had to relax a little bit. The reason for the craziness - I have taken on an extra client to 'fill' two spare days. That's all cool except that I also won an 'on the side' job at the same time, which meant I've been trying to fit 8 days work into 5. This has become quite exhausting. I'm not complaining - it's great to have more $$, but it has certainly taken it's toll on my body - and mind.

Mostly the latter, I feel like I'm out of control again, unable to take charge of my eating and indulge in my healthy habits. Instead I've been eating on the run, compromising what I want for 'anything that will stop my headache and stomach rumbling' and then binging on naughty stuff at night. I've eaten practically a whole pack of family assorted biscuits this week! I feel like I've been a bit reckless and rebellious the last fortnight and my body is actually hurting for it.

Not much I can do now - but I do want to try to undo the damage this week. I went for a great walk today - down to the rocks and around circular quay then all the way back up to Broadway where I had parked my car. I needed think time. I used to do this walk every weekend, now I'm lucky to do it once every 3 or four months. Doing the city to surf the weekend before last (took me and mum 148 mins to finish the 14kms) made me realise that I should try and find the time again.

CB is away all week. I dropped him off at the airport at 5 and he's just txt me to say he's arrived and picked up the car etc. I still feel a bit vulnerable in the house on my own at night, but I find I get a lot more done when he isn't home. I also eat better.

After I dropped him off , I went to the supermarket and bought a whole bunch of healthy dinner and lunch type food. I also bought some girly pick-me-ups: New razor blades, face cleanser and hair dye. We have a special dinner to go to this Friday night and I plan on being a new woman by then!!

Well that's my little bit for today. I don't know if I'll get a chance to blog again this week, but hope everyone else is well and staying healthy!

2 Comments:

At Monday, August 22, 2005 9:45:00 pm, Blogger Mary said...

You sound excrutiatingly busy! I am not going to complain about my situation now. I just hope you remember to take some time out and breath.

It's hard to eat properly when you are on the go all the time but, just an idea, try and plan your day each night before bed. That way when you wake up, you know how you are going to attack your day food wise.

Hehe...funny to see you at Broadway too!! I was really inspired to hear that you walked all around the place that day :-)

See you Saturday babe and I hope you have a more in control week!

 
At Monday, August 22, 2005 9:55:00 pm, Blogger Margaret said...

I park my car at Broadway every day. Used to walk to work and back but couldn't quite work enough hours - funny that. I often wonder what it would be like, to be out and bump into someone you recognise.

Well done for buying some girly things - should help to give your mind a bit of a rest.

Hope you have a great day tomorrow :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home