Thursday, July 21, 2005

Adrenaline BABY!!!

Hey all. I've been off working hard this week and haven't checked in for a bit but today you get my complete and utter attention (just having a good ol' read of your journals...).

I've had a crazy stressful 24 hours and am currently downing a wine, which I can tell you, is going down waaaay too easily. My motto for today was "it will be over soon' and it finally is!!

Let me back track (in a non-ww sense):
Yesterday I was preparing tender material for a client and it was all a mad panic to get it to the press as the deadline was 1pm today. So I finally sent the files off at 3pm yesterday, by courier, and didn't give them a second thought. UNTIL about 7-30 last night when it occurred to me that as my software had been playing up (defaulting to standard settings instead of 'output for press') I had potentially sent the files as a low-quality file instead of 'press ready' file. By 7-31 I had CONVINCED my self that I had definitely sent the wrong files. I couldn't get back in the office, and I couldn't get hold of the printer so I had a whole night of feeling like vomit before the problem could even begin to be fixed.

I slept badly and woke at 4am only to lie awake stressing till 6am when I could get up try to rectify the situation. I rang the printer at 7 and he told me he hadn't pressed the job yet but it was scheduled for 9. I put the job on hold, and went into my clients office early to burn a cd of the proper files, then got on a train to deliver the disc in person. I literally ran for about 20mins trying to find the address and finally got there at 9-45am.

I then felt sick until the job had been returned by deadline and there were no errors.

I am soooo glad it all worked out ok. I couldn't have afforded to lose my client over this one.


----------

Hmmm, now that that is out of my system - on to my week as a ww.
I feel like I've lost. I haven't gone over my points since Sunday and I have walked for at least 50 mins every day. I think this makes me ok, but I can't be sure. I could still be on an adrenaline high. Sat will tell all.

The thing I've noticed the most over the last two weeks is a dramatic increase in my fitness. I can jog for about 500m without dying, I take a run-up to stairs and take them two at a time and I'm not dead at the top. Oh, and I'm not sweating as much on the way to the station - I'm happy for these indicators! They are welcome in my world at the moment.


Well that's it from me today. Hope you don't mind the recall of the days drama, but the relief I feel now compelled me to reflect.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Cath

3 Comments:

At Thursday, July 21, 2005 8:20:00 pm, Blogger Margaret said...

Wow my heart started racing even reading your post - and that was before you started taking the stairs two at a time. Well done for your fitness levels improving. This is such a good by product of eating well and exercising..

And less sweat on public transport is always a good thing :)

 
At Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:50:00 pm, Blogger Mary said...

Downing a glass of wine...I so understand. Thank god for last 24 hours is over! I totally understand what you freaked out about because this happens to me too. When you freelance, it really does come down to you and you have to *run* to get things down and you did, champion!

Sounds like you are having a good week otherwise and how great to notice your fitness levels increasing! It's such a good feeling.

See you Saturday :-)

 
At Friday, July 22, 2005 7:19:00 am, Blogger Sue said...

I think that increased feeling of fitness is just as big a buzz as actually seeing a loss on the scales. Good on you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home