Sunday, October 15, 2006

Going back to weight watchers

I need a kick up the bum. I really can't stick to these healthy routines without a little bit of structure and the fear of 'putting on' in front of people. I'm thinking of going back to the Tuesday night meeting I used to go to when I first started. I got to goal successfully the first time, surely I can do it again with the same kind of support.

I haven't been online to play much in the last few months, work has been draining and the last thing I've felt like doing is jumping back on the computer when I get home. Hence the lack of posts following my last 'burst' of motivation.

I watched 60 mins tonight and was interested to find out how popular the You-Tube website has become, and how many people are being 'discovered' via the internet video medium. The recently circulated 'free hugs' video is a great example and it got me thinking... are there any 'video diaries' of people loosing weight? I wonder... (don't worry, I'm not about to post a youtube diary, but I reckon I'd certainly watch someone elses!).

Ok, an update on that thought. I've just spent about an hour surfing you-tube and have found mostly American entries. Some of them are people who are thin wanting to be extremely thin, and others are people who start and 'vlog' everyday for a week and then give up. I haven't found anything that is al that inspiring yet. Lots of ordinary people on YouTube.

I've had a weekend 'to myself'. My partner has been out of town so I caught up with some friends, went for a couple of walks, however I spent a lot of time inside working on a project involving a video demonstration for work. It has all gone terribly wrong, mostly due to the fact that I sound really bad. I do not sound like a professional person giving a technical demonstration. I have not been blessed with a nice voice!

Sadly, I'm loosing the enthusiasm to write this post so I'm going to end it here. I'm going to give this tracking thing another stab this week. I made some vegie soup, that should get me through a few nights at least.

1 Comments:

At Monday, October 16, 2006 9:47:00 am, Blogger Mary said...

Heya, tracking and some soup sound like a good idea and NO MORE PIZZA LOL. I didn't tell you what Dan and I ate before you came 'round!! I've got to go back to basics too. I hope you have a good week back on track and let us know how the meeting goes! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home