Detox - Day 6
I feel like crap. Apart from my skin having a lovely glow to it, and the clearing up of some blemishes etc, I still have not seen any benefit of this program whatsoever.
I spent a day out with a wonderful friend yesterday, shopping, chatting and catching up, but by 4pm I was absolutely knackered. Sure, I'd been walking around all day, but I'd made sure I ate enough of the good stuff to keep me going: Porridge for breakfast + water + vegie juice, apple for a snack, fruit tea, steamed vegies, roast vegies and grilled fish for lunch, and some mixed nuts to get me through the afternoon. But I had a headache from lunch time and felt exhausted from about 4pm - not me at all! My lovely boy bought be a fancy new vegetarian cookbook as a surprise when I got home (he's been really supportive!), but unfortunately, every recipe had at least 2 detox-unfriendly items so I gave up and had egg and tofu.
Too much protein. I did add half a carrot and half a zucchini but I'm willing to consider that I have not been eating enough vegetables at dinner time - I simply haven't had any energy left to cook at night. I really think I should have researched this more before I started, and even learnt to cook a bit better.
I guess the fact that I haven't had alcohol, caffeine, diet softdrink or dairy for 7 days might have been good for me, but I'm not sure the supplements are of any benefit. Except, um... the colon care, which did some nifty work on my lower intestine, if you get my drift.
So what to do.
I don't want to be lacking energy next week - it's a massive week at work and I need to be running on all 4 cylinders. But I've spent $60 on this product and I feel I owe it to myself to stick at it. There is a 'helpline' but it's only open office hours and I don't want to surrender my paid time to talk to them. (I get paid by the hour).
A dilemma.
In other news, I've kept the am walking up each day this week, and am going to try and keep at it. Walking pm is out as it is too dark and I live too close to redfern to risk it.
Well mum and dad are on their way here so I'd better get moving. Mum is down for a photography trade show, and dad is driving my car back to their place in the blue mountains to sell it (noone wants a 2000 model Hyundai Excel do they?)
Hope you have all had wonderful weekends!

2 Comments:
First of all well done to you for keeping up the Detox. Even if you feel at the end there was no substantial benefit, it will be one of those things that you can say you finished - and not be left wondering "what if". On the other hand it is not good that you are getting head aches all the time.
I love that the boy is so supportive of you at the moment. When you come off detox I am sure there are loads of great vegetarian recipes you can try - that will make you feel full and still feel healthy.
Have a great day today Cath x
I am really impressed that you are doing this detox and seeing it through. It sounds hellish though. I know when I gave up caffeine etc. I got major headaches :-/
Post a Comment
<< Home