Still focused... but with the flu
Damn it all! I finally pick myself up out of the pre-Christmas rut I was in and then I get sick again! I hate being sick - I can't really take advantage of sick days as I don't get any, and I don't want to jeopardise my new contract this early in the piece - so it's work for me regardless, of how I feel.
I discovered the sore throat at about 9:30 pm on Friday night. I tried to pretend it wasn't really there - I even got up and went for a long walk on Saturday morning, but I ached all the way and realised the flu was setting in. Despite this, I went to a BBQ last night, had a lovely time but by 10pm I was ready for bed. It had started to rain - I would normally never even consider a taxi home from newtown (it's only a 15min walk), but last night I couldn't fathom the idea of walking and getting home wet. Bed was a welcome sight!
I slept in a bit this morning. I've just taken a couple of tablets to try and mask the pain and restore the energy - I have a lot of work to get through today. But while they are still kicking in, I thought I'd blog my results for this week: a loss! Woohoo. Last saturday morning I weighed in at 67.8. Yesterday morning, before my walk, I was 66.2. These are nude weights, but still, a loss is a loss right? And that very loss has prompted me to keep doing what I'm doing.
I've realised that when I'm organised, tracking during the week is relatively easy. I'm giving up my Friday night pub meals as they are starting to cost too much anyway - I'll plan a cooked meal and 2 glasses of wine at home instead. Saturday will be my night off.
I've finally started reading blogs again. I get a little self absorbed when I am busy, but I have missed reading the blogs and will make more effort to read and comment once or twice a week.
Speaking of being organised - my office transformation plans are in place & I'm nearly finished my filing. By the end of today my filing should be done, my books up to date and the 3 or so billable hours planned should be complete. Pretty optimistic when I'm feeling crap, but I know I'll feel much better when these things aren't hanging over my head.
Finally, I grabbed this little alphabetical from Suzys blog - hope you don't mind!. He're my responses:
A is for age: 25
B is for booze of choice: Normally: Gin and Tonic. This week: Verdi Spumanti - cheap, sweet & low alcohol.
C is for career: Graphic Designer
D is for your Dad's name: Steve (or Kiwi to some)
E is for essential items to bring to a party: DJ JTOB (Justice of the Beat - my boy!)
F is for favorite song at the moment: Dare (Gorillas)
G is for favorite game: Sex Scrabble and Killer Bunnies
H is for hometown: Nelson NZ
I is for instruments you play: dabble with keyboard & Guitar - crap at both
J is for jam or jelly you like: Not a fan of either...
K is for kids: Maybe one day
L is for living arrangements: I live with my boy in teeny apartment
M is for Mum's name: Marion
N is for name of your first crush: I think it was Simon in yr 3. I can't remember the last name
O is for overnight hospital stays: I broke my arm & dislocated my elbow when I was 7 - stayed in hospital for three nights.
P is for phobias: Flying, Spiders, Moths
Q is for quirky fact about you: I was born with a slightly rotated hip and was severely pigeon-toed for years
R is for relationship that lasted the longest: 3 years. My current beau.
S is for sexual preference: My man...
U is for underwear: boyleg
V is for vegetable you love: tomatoes, potato
W is for weekend plans: bookkeeping, work (sad)
X is for x-rays you've had: Arms, hip, foot
Y is for yummy food you make: Toasty pies (I'm no cook!)
Z is for zodiac sign: Gemini

6 Comments:
Hope you feel better soon - look after yourself !
I have found that when I am organised I do so much better with my weightloss - the days when I have no plans are when it all turns to cr*p and the not so good choices are made.
Take care and have a great week - Me
I love these lists because you find little wee things about people. Scared of moths hey. Hmmmm.
Well done on your loss. 1.5kgs is huge. And bugger about the cold. Don't let it get you back in the rut. You can work through it and come out on the other side even better than before.
Take it easy, but have a great day anyway :D
Well done on the loss!
Hope your cold is much better.
Soem times it is just not fair when you get your act into gear and then you get sick....like your body is rebelling. Hope you don't get to bad. Congrats on the loss though. You have obviously been doing something right.
Big fan of these lists, how else could I learn that you're too embarrassed to tell us Simon's last name??
Hope you're feeling much better by now, you've gotta love paid sick days! I am sure you'll be rearing to go once you're 100%.
Hope you are feeling better babe!? Well done on the loss too. Can't wait to see your new set up and I hope the work is going well. Talk soon, Cheers :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home