Detox - Day 2
Ok, before I get into this I just want to say a massive congratulations to Philippa, who I just dropped in on to catch up with some much missed blog reading. Fantastic news!
Now, back to detox. I woke up this morning feeling less than motivated. I went to bed hungry last night and I didn't really have any confidence that this detox was going to do me any good. My planned one hour walk lasted only 25 mins because of the rain - a poor (hehe, pour even) excuse, but I didn't want to get sick again.
Here's what I ate today:
Breakfast: warm water and lemon, an orange (1), a small glass of vegie juice (1.5) + basil and zucchini baby panlettes (mini omelet) (3) with a little goats cheese fetta (2)
Lunch: Carrot, tomato, cucumber, snowpeas, tuna (1.5), hommous (1) small choc milk( 1.5) miso soup (.5)
Dinner: Salmon: (3.5), carrot, asparagus, potato, beans, corn and a mouth full of brown rice (.5) a small glass of vegie juice (1.5) small choc milk( 1.5) sourdough bread (3)
So points wise, the total is 21.5. Not so bad I guess. I'm struggling to cut down the juice and choc soy as I am using it to mask the horrid taste of the supplements.
Tomorrow is going to be interesting. Now that I've found some bread (wheat free, gluten free, yeast free...) I'm looking forward to have some simple lunches for work. And toast for breakfast! It's all very well to have time at home to prepare vegies etc, but when I'm working full time (which I am at the moment) I don't have much time to spend in the morning making omelets and what not.
As for how I'm feeling as a result of the diet change - well, not much different. I need to wee a lot but there hasn't been much change on the erm, digestion front. I guess my body is still adjusting to the new rules.
Anyway, better get back to the invoicing - a bit of a chore right now, but it's nice being able to do it on my shiny new machine.
Ciao.

5 Comments:
Thank you darl :)
I saw that Women's Weekly have a new cookbook out called "Detox" and it looked really good. You might want to have a squiz at that for some detox friendly recipes and guidance.
Good to see you back - good luck with the detox. I haven't actually come across anyone who has found one that they can stick to for the length of time recommended. When I want something like this I just cut out anything except fruit, veg and water - do it for three days and then slowly introduce other food groups.
Hope you are successful with your programme.
Me
Go you Cath. I had to laugh at the Mushu Tofu dinner but I think you are doing something that is going to help you with your motivation and your desire to get back into this race and win it. And either you will successfully complete detox and have so much energy that you can bounce straight back into it, or you are going to chuck it all in the bin and go back to ww basics and that will be great too. There have been a couple of bloggers LMS, Beckie, and some others that have done the detox. From memory Beck's had the greatest result.
I have been taking the Sugar Balance and am finding that a huge help with warding off cravings. Day 3 and still OK.
It was great to catch up with you on the weekend and I am looking forward to the next adventure :D
So how's the detox going? Hope all the beans haven't blown you away ;D
Mmm, hungry never sounds good...even when you are losing weight. Hey, how's the new get up going? Photos please miss :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home