Re: Photos
Hi again,
Just wanted to say thanks to all of you that posted comments on my 'Photos' entry. I really wasn't fishing for all the compliments when I posted them there - but thought it only fair to share since some of you have 'let us in' to your very personal weight loss struggles.
For me, I continue to 'celebrate my success' in the best way possible, by living life to the fullest and enjoying my healthy body and making the most of every opportunity. I think it's important to mention that this journey isn't over when you reach your goal weight. One of the biggest things I struggle with is that my bodies' physiology hasn't changed - my metabolism increases when I exercise regularly, and when I don't, I put on weight rapidly - this new bod requires constant care and maintenance. I don't have genetics on my side - our whole family is well built - but being aware of how my body responds to food and exercise is a big help, and when I'm conscious of how I'm treating it, I can stay in control.
Another thing I wanted to mention is that your goal weight is a totally individual thing - I had no idea what I'd look like when I got there, so used the BMI chart as a guide, and the result was a surprise. Looking back at the photos when I reached goal, and then even lost a bit more, I'm now acutely aware of the difference that last 7kgs made! My challenge now is to get back into the pants I was wearing at the time. I've got 8 weeks left to do it in!
P.S. I managed to fit a 4.5pt bar of Lindt dark choc into my points today. I looooove drk chocolate.
P.P.S - does anyone know what marinated baby octopus cooked on a bbq (no oil) might be worth?

2 Comments:
What a great post - and no idea on the octopus thing but would like to know the answer myself. I think that the more we find out from people who have been at goal and what the challenges are makes it easier to get the mind to accept what the body wants / needs.
I love dark chocolate too :) Have a great day
This is a great post Cath and I am like you, I have to exercise otherwise I put on weight. Lucky I got into this walking thing then. Have you been walking around with a friend and a dog? I think I keep seeing you in the morning but then I am not sure. I am too shy to just run up and say hi, all sweaty and all.
Post a Comment
<< Home