Saturday, July 09, 2005

Dud weigh in (warning - gripes gallore)

Morning ladies (and gentlemen if you are reading!)
I've had an interesting week and was actually 'looking forward' to my meeting today. I had been anticipating a loss of .5 - .8kg and was going to buy myself a cook book as a treat. I left my meeting today without a cookbook. I only lost 0.3 and although ' a loss is a loss', I am really disappointed. I was sure I could 'feel' differences this week - my clothes are fitting better again, and I wore my 'at goal' jeans yesterday to work (navy blue ones in my at goal pictures'). I did have Vietnamese and shared a bottle of wine with CB last night, but I didn't think it would make that much difference to my weigh in. Guess I was wrong!

Another thing about my weigh in this morning (it's my blog and I'll bitch if I want to) is that I got to the meeting at 10 am, expecting to meet the regular leader only to find that the fill in is still there (will be till at least august 6 apparently). No one was interested in 'how my week' had been, they were all just whining that no one was coming and that the meeting needs more people or they'll chop it. Then the whispering started between the weighers and the leader and there was basically no acknowledgement that someone was there ready to pay and be weighed. I didn't stay for the meeting, I doubt if any one did. Bad experience. They were also talking about the 'complaints made' to the weigher about the new leader, and something about the Tuesday night one.

I think the meeting needs an entire re-think of it's priorities. I'm possibly going to start going back to my old meeting in glebe when I am back to monthly LTM weigh ins.

That's my bit! back to fun stuff now...

It's the weeeeeekend! woohooo. I've had a busy week trying to organise pinkslip and rego etc for my car, picking up car parts for its broken bits. I am stereotypically a girl when it comes to cars. I procrastinate and am deliberately stubborn about anything automobile. It all seems too hard. Sorted it all out this morning though, so I don't have to think about it any more. yay.

I have just gotten my eyes tested to try and work out why I can't see at night and what do you know, I have slight astigmatism so it's glasses for cath. I ordered some interesting Versace frames - a little bit extravagant (read: expensive) but I decided if I must have them then I may as well make them a fashion item. CB is not happy about my decision (muttered something about me not paying that much since I 'm not in a health fund bla bla bla) but it's my money right!

I'm pumped for another busy week and going to try really hard to lose the whole .5kg this time. I really hope I can do it. It's shitty that I'm paying money and still not enjoying the meeting. At least as a LTM at goal, I won't have to pay so it won't irritate me so much.

Hope you all have fab weeks.

PS - I've been reading your blogs but not commenting too often because I always get there too late! You girls are amazing. I think we need to do that sydney meet up soon!!

2 Comments:

At Saturday, July 09, 2005 6:32:00 pm, Blogger Mary said...

Hey babe, I reckon our dinners last night (and the wine) tipped us over a bit but that's okay because we still lost, whoot! We do have to remember that it's not only about the scales and yep, I'm getting this from the comments on my post today LOL.

Emailed the regular leader today and she's not coming back 'til September. She's a really cool chick but she needs some of her own time out. It sucks for us but I can understand. How serious to hear that they are thinking of chopping the meeting. No wonder, everyone's been complaining about the fill in. So sad. She is really nice but not cut out to be a leader.

I am going to start going to the City meetings on a Friday morning. Let me know if you want to come along. Maybe we can check it out together? Or when are the Glebe ones on?

Cant' wait to see pictures of your new glasses. Please post!

YAY for being pumped, you are so close now!

 
At Saturday, July 09, 2005 7:49:00 pm, Blogger Margaret said...

Hello goils. Not that I am 'official' but I have been walking to the City meetings every week to do my ww shopping. LOL. Only place I can pick up the choc crisp - orange *drool* and I have so much fun there. I have been with 3 different girls from work and we all chat and laugh and by the look of it everyone has fun. Though, the days I have been Wednesday was full of young'uns and Friday was full of older'uns. So don't know if this is consistent. Worth a look see though. Hope you don't mind lifts ;)

Sorry to hear that you are not as happy with the loss this week but I bet you're feeling pretty hot in your goal jeans. Whooo Hooo..

Have a great rest of the weekend :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home