Thursday, June 09, 2005

Checking in...

It feels like ages since I last 'blogged', I've had some fairly full-on work happening on a customer site in Crows Nest and I have been collapsing in front of the TV most nights, not wanting to sit back into the drivers seat of my mac.

But I'm here now, so I'd thought I'd check in, and check out what my favorite little ww's have been up to. I have been naughty - I haven't tracked or weighed-in in about 2 1/2 weeks and my willingness to give into my cravings has returned. So much for re-empowering myself with lessons learned. I have been feeling down and out and have been compensating by eating too much, and none of the good stuff.

My reason for not weighing in is simply bad scheduling - I have been working late on Tuesdays and have not yet been able to free-up my Saturday mornings to try the alternate meeting close by. As for not tracking - that's just me being resentlful and stubborn about this weighty problem. So it's pretty much back to the drawing board.

I am flying (eeeek) to Brisbane on Saturday morning , 7am flight, to hang out with the Boy (he's working over the long weekend) and won't be back till 11pm Tuesday night. This flying thing has me a bit scared - my fears are getting worse (not better) every flight I take. I cried my last flight back from the gold coast, squeezing the life out of CBs hand. Saturday I fly alone and I'm not sure how it's going to go - even considering visiting 'Auntie Val' to try and calm myself before I get on the plane. Does anyone else have this fear? I am also deathly afraid of big moths and spiders!!

That is my bit for this week. My resolve is to try and get back on track asap, attend the very next meeting I can, pick up my week 9 book and try and re-motivate myself. I know it's not that hard to follow the program, but life is getting in the way!!

5 Comments:

At Thursday, June 09, 2005 8:39:00 pm, Blogger Mary said...

Damn that life thing ;-) I hope you have a great time in Brisbane with your partner anyway and when you get back, go on, come along to a meeting. Re-schedule some "me" time. Cheers!

 
At Friday, June 10, 2005 8:38:00 am, Blogger Margaret said...

Have a great time in Brisbane. I am lucky in that I love flying. It means I am going somewhere and that gets me past the whole take off / landing thing. I am going to find out about the Sydney city meeting and I'll let you know when it is on, in case that fits your schedule better.
Hope you have a better day today :)

 
At Monday, June 13, 2005 11:51:00 pm, Blogger Deb said...

Oh man, I wanted to be a flight attendent when i was a kid... But the older i get, the more flights I take, the more terrified I get. TV shows like LOST with the graphic scenes of planes falling to bits mid air!!!!! ARGH!! :(

 
At Monday, June 13, 2005 11:52:00 pm, Blogger Deb said...

Errr, I meant that TV shows like Lost DON'T help...

 
At Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:37:00 am, Blogger Margaret said...

Hey Cath. I just noticed your ticker on the bottom of your site, thought it was a cool place to put it, admired the ladybug, then noticed that it said "Cath's ticker" not tickerfactory or 3FatChicks. I clicked and went to your site. Very impressive. You are a very clever girl..
Hope you have a lovely day :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home